Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Days


It's muggy and hot, slow and steamy here in Wisconsin.  Oliver and I have written another one of my columns for American Quilter Magazine, we're catching up on laundry and other put-off chores, relaxing in the big recliner with iced tea and a book.  Soon I'll be packing my bags for my trip on August 8 to Phat Quarters in Galena, IL for some classes.  Hope to see you there!

There is a new blog in town that you might like to visit.  I especially enjoyed Scooter the cat on the beautiful blue and white quilt, lovely.  The address is:  seehowwesew.wordpress.com and tomorrow the entry will be about the quilt auction of the exhibit quilts for AAQI.  Please visit, enjoy, please support the initiative.  Thank you!!!!

Continue to enjoy your summer days, and take some time off to relax and live in the slow lane.  If you can work in some fun quilting, that's good too.  Or you can just clean and oil your machine.....!

Diane


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your cool looking flow blue teacups. The color is so intense! IT's hot here in Chicagoland too....

Kay Lynne said...

It has been hot and humid here in Ohio, but that's summer here. Your teacups look cute.

Diane Gaudynski said...

The teacups are indeed flow blue, but alas, not mine. My brother took this photo at an exhibit many years ago, knowing my love of blue/white antique china.

SewCalGal said...

You didn't take a very long Sabatical. Wish I could join you in Galena, Ill. But I'm definitely looking forward to checking out you & Oliver's latest article in the AQS Magazine.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Diane Gaudynski said...

SewCalGal, my sabbatical begins after my two big classes in Oct. at the museum in Paducah, which I'm looking forward to very much. Oliver and I just finished another article, and he helps me edit down my comments to the allowed word count. He knows where the "delete" button is on my laptop......!